Monday, September 21, 2015

A Little Peice of Home

Justin always teases me and says, "It doesn't matter where we go, you always see someone you know!" I am starting to think that it is true. I was Googling "Things to do in Jackson, TN " Up pops a list of the 10 most exciting things to do in Jackson. One of the activities is called Jackson Escape Rooms. I was like, that sounds interesting, so I clicked on the link only to find out that the brains behind this thing is none other than, my friend from high school, JD! What are the odds that in a graduating class of 50 we would both end up in the tiny little town of Jackson, TN. I decided that I had to figure out how to get into contact with him. On our way back from running an errand, we passed by the building where the Jackson Escape Rooms is located. So I yelled to Justin "Stop the car!" He pulls over and lets me out. I run up to the side door of the building where I see a guy building a set and motion for him to open the door. He came over and opened the door. (You should know that I am looking pretty sketchy, I had been home all day cleaning and cooking, I had green bean juice running down the leg of my grey yoga pants, crazy hair in a pony tail and no make up. Needless to say this guy was brave for opening the door.) I go on to tell him that I am friends with JD and I haven't seen him in years. And asked him if JD was there. He continues to stare at me blankly and then goes... "Who is JD?" Once I said Jared he was like "OH! Jared!" Apparently, that is what they call him now that we are grown ups. LOL I just can't believe what a small world it is that we live in.

Justin took great initiative this week to get sales up at his CFA location. He drug the cow suit down, took it to the dry cleaners, and got it ready for a day of cow games. The Cow Games were a huge success at his store. It brought in extra business and involved the local community.


The week went on and we got two very special visitors all the way from Kentucky! It was so exciting to have our friend Mallory and her husband Chuck come and visit for the weekend. We both went to college with Mallory in Missouri. (Mallory is the one I wrote about in my first blog who got Justin his job at Chick-fil-A six years ago!) We enjoyed spending time together and exploring around Jackson. On Friday we went to the Escape Rooms. They were amazing and so much fun. They said that we were the only group to successfully escape the "Attic" that day.


We visited the Casey Jones Village in town where we learned all about the train conductor who risked his life to save the lives of his passengers.

This is an old funeral car. It carried the caskets.







We also visited the old fashioned store and ice-cream shop.







Later, we headed to a drive-thru safari. Justin was the driver, and let's just say he took full advantage of the child window lock function. Instead of locking the windows in the up position, he locked them in the down position. He thought it was hilarious to watch Mallory and I freak out when giant Buffalo or crazy scary looking emus would try to peck us the in the backseat. When the giant camels were coming through the sun roof and passenger windows Justin got a great kick out of watching me dive over the backseat and Mallory try to lay down on the bench of the SUV to avoid being drooled on.

 
Mallory was happy again after she got her animal feed back. A giant buffalo stole it from her,
so I jumped out of the car and took it back. :) Buffalo don't scare me.



We all saved some of our animal feed for the giraffes, but they only eat carrots. LOL

 

It was wonderful to see so many old friends this week. It was like having a little piece of home all the way in Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment