Monday, September 7, 2015

Hello Tennessee!

Well of course there always has to be something happening when us "Traveling Belchers" are on the road. So this time,( you will definitely have to paint a mental picture of this to get the full effect) we land in Memphis with our four over-sized suitcase, two carry on suitcases, a back pack, one dog in a carrier and one dog on a leash. We start looking for the Avis Car rental which had to be almost half a mile from the baggage claim. So Justin has the four over-sized suitcases and the back pack while I have the two carry-ons and the dogs. One of the wheels breaks on an oversized suitcase and he is trying to roll them on very rocky concrete. The suitcases are getting all hung up and since it is 95 degrees outside it is a little exhausting. I turn around and Justin is about 50 yards behind me dripping sweat and trying to keep calm. So I start busting out laughing at how ridiculous we look. He then starts yelling "That is it. We are getting rid of one suitcase each!" This only makes me laugh harder. My mind is blown at how much alike my husband and my dad act. They stay so calm and then when they have had enough and get frustrated it is so hilarious that it is too hard to take either one of them seriously.  I decided that I should switch Justin so he could have the two over-sized suitcases and two carry-ons and I will take two oversized so that it won't be so hard. I put Roper on the top of one of the oversized-suitcases and start to push them. Just about that time, I hit a bump in the concrete, Roper then tumbles off the suitcase backwards, and I catch him with one hand just before he hits the ground. Renting a car was quite the event as well. We were then sent to a spot with no car, then we got an SUV, which Justin loaded all the bags in, just to find out that we needed to switch SUVs. So he unloaded and reloaded all the bags once more. Luckily we reached the hotel in Jackson and had a much smoother transition. We got settled into our hotel.






After arriving, we had dinner with Caleb and Kara. They are the current IM and his wife, but they just got placed into a permanent location. They are both amazing. Caleb helped Justin settle in to the new store, and Kara showed me all around town and the apartment we will be moving into next week.

We both got to work this week at the store. I saw my favorite thing that has ever happened at a CFA before... Senior Bingo! Seriously the cutest people come in every other week and have breakfast and play bingo. I can't wait until we own our own store so that we can have this.


We ended the week grilling out at the hotel and trying a new church, Soul Quest Church. The church had amazing worship and we are looking forward to attending there as our Jackson church home.


 

2 comments:

  1. I am sitting here laughing at the image of you all at the airport!!! I can just imagine Justin now!!!!
    Excited to see you all! I would love to see the store you all are at!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait for you to get here! And of course we will go see the store. :)

      Delete