Monday, November 9, 2015

Goodbye Jackson

 Justin had an amazing month business this month. He almost doubled the profit of the store from last month. He is doing such a great job both at the numbers and with the people in his store. He has such a natural ability to connect with a team, while also leading them to specific goals. We will miss this team during the transition.

I wasn't working this week. This week I spent time getting everything ready for our trips. And when that was done, I spent time doing my favorite thing, SHOPPING. Thank God for the internet. Since I have no car, I grabbed my computer, curled up on the couch, and surfed the web for awesome deals and perfect Christmas presents. With only four people left to shop for, I feel like I had a pretty successful shopping spree. I even refrained from buying a single thing for myself. ;)

This week we made the most of our time together. We will be separated for the next three weeks as Justin heads to corporate for meetings that they call LRP. Since the spouses are not allowed to tag along they are sending me home. So, we had date night almost every night! Thursday of course we had to watch the Raven's game. Not only was it the Raven's game, but it was the Raven's against the Steelers. It was vital that the Ravens won their game. And in a very exciting overtime, they finally won! I don't think Justin could have handled another loss. Hopefully that was the first of many wins this season.

Friday we went for our second trip to the Jackson Escape Rooms. We signed up for the "Dinner for Two Room." I love that when you sign up, there is a disclaimer that says, "Dinner is not actually included." It is so much fun racing against the clock and trying to find the key to escape. WE escaped with  minutes to spare. We would have more time left over than that, but we couldn't open the safe. We had all the numbers for the lock, but we had some technical difficulties opening the lock. It has been too many years since we have done a lock where you twist the numbers. LOL After the scape rooms we went to Starbucks for hot chocolate and walked the dogs around the park.

Saturday, we went to Rockn' Dough Pizza. It is a delicious pizzeria on site in our apartment complex. We went with the GOS who will be taking Justin's spot, Tyler. It is so fun getting not only to see the country, but to meet so many different people along the way. After dinner, we grabbed some fresh brewed hot chocolate and headed to the Jackson Amphitheater to listen to the singer Will Davenport. He has such a cool "Boys to Men" voice.

Sunday we went to Soul Quest church. The worship there is truly amazing! Then we went to go see the comedy the Internship. There is something so magical in the simplicity of going to the movies. The smell of the popcorn, the darkness of the theater, and getting lost in the story of someone else's life for two hours. I am so glad that Justin and I both love going to the movies.

We have sincerely enjoyed our time in Jackson, TN. It will be bittersweet to say, "Goodbye Jackson."

No comments:

Post a Comment