Thursday, November 26, 2015

Nice to Know you New Orleans

We started the week off with a twist! When we received word on Justin's new assignment we found out that we would be leaving a week earlier than expected. So this was our last week in New Orleans.

On Monday, Abby, another IM's wife, and I decided that we would head to the French Market for one of the city''s free tours. After stopping in four different spots that we thought were the beginning of the tour, we finally made our way to the actual gathering place. The website said that there could only be 16 people in the tour group. Even after making it there early, there was a massive group of people. The tour guide was very nice and let us all stay, but we couldn't hear what she was saying. So, Abby and I headed off for our own tour. We made it up as we went along and walked around. She showed me some places she knew, I showed her some I knew.

I began taking an online certification class for event planning and design. I could not be more excited. I have been interested in event planning for sometime and I have some future aspirations of opening up a venue one day. So, we figured what better time than now for me to begin learning all I can about it.

Later in the week, Justin and I went to the annual Christmas Tree lighting ceremony in the city square. It was so much fun. We listened to all the Christmas carols being sung, and watched as the lit the tree.







On Friday morning I dropped Justin off at work and then drove to Grand Bay to go visit my Mawmaw and Pawpaw for 2 hours. It was such a short trip, but due to the fact we were leaving New Orleans early, we were going to miss getting to see them at Thanksgiving. The weather was amazing so we spent our time swinging on the back porch. Then before I knew it, it was time for me to head back and pick up Justin.




Justin was able to get special permission to drive and have Saturday off so we could stop by Houston to see our family and pick up my car. It was a very short trip, but we were able to have an early Thanksgiving with our families before heading back out of the road to our next destination.

It sure was nice to know New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment