Monday, November 9, 2015

The Traveling Separately Belchers

It has been a while since my fingers have traveled across this keyboard. Mostly, because "The Traveling Belchers" have been the separated Belchers. Justin was off for a month of learning at the corporate office, while I was off for a month with my family and friends.

Justin worked with a group of twenty other CFA IMs and Grand Openers. They spent about a month learning marketing strategies, legal information, and training techniques. While at this training, Justin got to enjoy the many perks of having a corporate job. He had unlimited Starbucks anything and free dry cleaning services, as well as a special room rented out for all the IMs and Grand Openers filled with food, games, and TVs for them to use while they weren't in class or studying.

Justin's welcome bag.
 
Here's a sneak peak at the new dipping sauces. Justin said that they are delicious.
 
Justin not only had to work while he was gone, but he also got the chance to meet some interesting people and do some activities had had yet to try. His first week there, he and a group of co-workers tried out a church, little did they know, Dan Cathy also went to that church. On their way out the door they ran into him and introduced themselves. Dan then invited them to lunch with him and his friends. At lunch, Justin was able to meet the transportation director for Marvel.

Justin also went to the city's aquarium, College Football Hall of Fame, Coke Factory, played Top Golf and climbed Stone Mountain.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
But, I think his favorite activity was going to Talladega. Justin had never been to a race before. Honestly, he wasn't sure if he would even like watching a race, but his friend Grayson invited him to go, so he wanted to try it. He loved it! Grayson was able to get them really good tickets. They were on row fifteen going into the fourth turn. Justin said that they were so close you could feel the tar on your face after the cars would pass them.




I spent my first week away from Justin visiting my mawmaw and pawpaw, Mrs. Patricia, Uncle Danny, and cousins. It was nice to get to see all of them. My mawmaw and I went "to town" as she likes to say. Pawpaw told me stories about his family and all about all the different kinds of birds in the yard. I went to go watch my little cousin Brody play baseball and spent an evening visiting with Mrs. Patricia. At the end of the week, Dad came and picked me up and took me home.

Once we got home, we rushed off the next morning to go to his annual work conference. This year it was held in San Antonio at the J.W. Marriot Hill Country Resort. My Dad has worked for Honeywell for 17 years and every year, I have been allowed to go to the conference with them, but I always had a reason why I couldn't make it. This year I was finally able to attend. I was so glad that I got to go. I got to spend time with my mom and some life long friends Amber and Mrs. Nadine. Us girls, did a little bit of shopping and learning, but a lot of floating the lazy river.




The last two weeks home were a whirlwind. There was a baby shower for my beautiful friend Kate, a wedding shower for Emma, a Rockets game, a Haunted House, a few days of working at the Buckle, some fun outings with Mom, lunch with Irissa, and surprise lunch with my friend Jessica.




 




Though the month apart was hard and way too long. Justin and I got to experience so many things. This is truly an amazing journey that we are on, and we are loving every minute of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment