Monday, December 7, 2015

It's Always Something

This week has been an adventure to say the least.

At this hotel, they have some really cool rolling laundry carts. They are available for guests to use to do their laundry. The pups and I have been putting them to good use this week. While they are not actually any help doing the laundry, they sure do make it more fun!

Justin and the other two IMs, Tate and Josh, have been crazy busy this week. They have spent most of their week going over tons of paperwork and forms. I am sure that they are all ready to get some face to face time with the guests, and especially with the employees.

The CFA team here is outstanding. These workers are all so hardworking, self driven, and friendly. They have truly made this transition so wonderful. We are both loving working at this location. Yes, I said both! I even got to work a few day this week. I was so excited! I love getting to work the front counter and in this case, even practice my Spanish skills. Maybe one day I will become fluent, but right now I am just satisfied taking orders in Spanish correctly.

On Thursday, I was in a wreck. I was hit by another car in a parking lot. My car is pretty banged up and I have some pain and numbness in my shoulder and hip. Justin came in like Superman to save the day as soon as I called him. He made fun of me later though, because he said I sounded totally fine and calm over the phone, but once he got there I cried. I think I just kept it together until I knew there was someone else there to help me handle the situation. I am sure this is going to be a bit of an ordeal since we are out of town and everything. We are both just thankful that we are safe and we had car insurance. God is so good.

Friday night, we all had dinner over at Tate's house. It was very exciting because there are also two IM wives here as well. It was nice to get to hang out with some girls. We grilled out and all talked about our adventures. And as far as I can tell, there are going to be a few planned shopping outings in our near future. (Isn't that what naturally happens when a group of girls get together.)

On Saturday night, we went to go visit Miss Rose Mary in Corpus. It was so fun. She made us guacamole and tamales for dinner and then we drove around town looking at all of the great Christmas lights. There were two houses that had every inch of their yards covered in amazing settings. One yard was Santa's workshop with a choir led by Jesus. The other yard was the city of Bethlehem.





 
The choir with Jesus playing piano.



 

We also showed Justin my house from when I was a little girl. The next morning, we hit the road and headed back to McAllen for the store meeting.

This is our early morning, no make up, selfie

Even Roper and Garth got to visit their friend Sonny.
After the meeting we ended our weekend with a date to BJ's and a redbox rental. It was a great relaxing evening after such a crazy week. Can't wait to see what next week holds, because if it is not this, it's always something.

No comments:

Post a Comment