Monday, December 14, 2015

Motions of McAllen

Through all the craziness that we always seem to have going on, God always pops in and gives us some peace. This week had been a bit of a bummer trying to deal with the wreck and trying to find a doctor that would take a new and out of town patient. Thank God for my mother-in-law who has connections everywhere. It turns out that she was in the army with a doctor who lives her in McAllen. (It always blows my mind how God can perfectly weave everyone and everything together to work for good.) She was able to call for me and explain the situation of "The Traveling Belchers" and viola, I got an appointment. This place is amazing too. They are so caring and gentle and they got me in right away to start working on my shoulder and hip.

This week Justin had a lot going on too. The new store that is only about a half mile from the store he and the other IMs are working in opened this Thursday. The new store looks amazing! It has the interior design package called "The Heritage." But, basically that means it looks like it is a restaurant version of Chip and Joanna Gaines' farmhouse. I hope we can get a store that looks like this one day. While there, Justin got to introduce me to several of the people working for corporate. I met a girl who is in charge of Marketing for Grand Opening stores in this area. I just applied to work on her team, so I might get to have a few of my own CFA adventures in the future as well. With all that being said, Justin and all of the IMs are still working on getting the store that they are working at ready to be taken over by a new owner. They are still training, trying to schedule some remodeling, and watching the balance of sales between their existing store and the new store.

Sunday evening we attended the annual CFA Christmas Party. It was a lot of fun and their marketing director did a wonderful job planning and preparing the evening. The guys brought in a huge smoker and made fajitas out back. There was also traditional Christmas food and tons of dessert. At the end, we played White Elephant and were cracking each other up trying to steal our gifts back and forth. (I forgot to take pictures this week. These are the only two I have. I will try to remember to take a few next week.



 
Until next week, we will be navigating through the motions of McAllen.

No comments:

Post a Comment