Sunday, August 28, 2016

Simple Shenanigans

This week was the week of doctor's appointments in our house. We started the week with a yearly check up at the doctor's office. There is absolutely nothing to match the joy found in arriving at your doctor's appointment and getting to wait over an hour in a paper gown for your check up! I am sure you have been there a time or two in your life.



Free breakfast at Chick-fil-A? No way! This Wednesday was the start up to free breakfast at Chick-fil-A for the next few Wednesdays. This Wednesday was a free three count mini. As some of you may already know, I completely and utterly hate the mornings. Though my hatred for mornings may be known, I have this strange way of showing it. I tend to become annoyingly hyper and happy. Some people even think that I like the mornings due to my strange reaction. The kitchen staff in the store seems to genuinely love the mornings. We had lots of big smiles and great attitudes in the kitchen. We even had one girl up front ready to smile for the camera first thing in the morning!



Friday was the big day for the steroid injections in my arm. It is a last resort to solving the constant numbness and pain from my neck, down my arm, and into my fingers from my wreck in December. At my arrival at the doctor's office, it was apparent that I was an only child. I had both my parents and my husband there to wait for me to have my procedure done. They all took such good care of me. Now we just have to wait and see if these injections will solve my injury.


Saturday we got to go to the eye doctor. Justin and I had fun trying on all the different styles of glasses. Some were quite hilarious looking. Justin even decided that he may begin to wear glasses on a more regular basis.

This weekend we attended church as usual, followed by lunch with our families. We tried the new Tookie's Seafood restaurant in Seabrook. We all shared the fried pickles, which I would highly recommend. Everyone's meal was delicious too!


After lunch, we drove down to the Tanger Outlets to use our awesome Friends and Family VIP Discount coupon that we got from our friend Bryan. We were even able to use the coupon with the sale that the store was already having. We were like kids in a candy store. So naturally, we bought one of everything!

We had to stop at Buc-ee's on our way back home. We didn't really need anything, but when you drive past a Buc-ee's you just stop. It is a Texan thing. (Sorry other states of America, you just wouldn't understand!) Buc-ee, himself, even came out to visit us.


Sunday evening, we spent time at the store putting all the new menu boards up with one of our managers. We even completed the menu board swap out an hour faster than we did five weeks ago!



We ended our weekend with Chipotle and our newest Netflix binge series, Quantico.

Until next time, may your week be filled with simple shenanigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment